Employment Training Panel Program (ETP) is a program to fund training for companies in the State of California.
Individuals who want to use ETP Funds for their personal development are not allowed to use those funds with Learn iT!.
What is ETP (Overview)
- ETP (Employment Training Panel) is a State of California program that was established in 1983
- It is funded by your company’s tax dollars. A portion of UI tax is set aside for ETP general fund
- ETP allocates funding to companies who go through a proposal process leading to a contract
- ETP funding is performance based. Funding is earned by your company on a trainee by trainee basis, after documentation of training using simple sign in sheets known as rosters, and after trainees meet basic ETP guidelines.
This website will provide you with information about the ETP, and Learn iT!'s partner organization & services.
Some ETP Funding Guidelines (subject to change by ETP)
- Funding is for full-time California employees below director level who earn a minimum of $14.39-$15.70 per hour or more. Wage requirements vary by county of business location.
- You may have the option to add the company portion of health benefits (health/vision/dental) to bring up hourly wage to meet ETP minimum requirements.
- Trainees must complete at least 24 hours each but not to exceed 200 hours of training each in a 21 month period of time
- Reimbursement rate varies by size and type of company
To Earn ETP Funding
Our services will facilitate your company through the ETP process providing discovery assessment to an approved ETP funding contract, and finally administration of funding and earning of funds. ETP funding is performance based. To earn funds:
- Complete training hours
- Remain with company for 90 days after last day of training
- Meet ETP wage and other requirement
Must be supplemental, above and beyond basic skills and routine training
A typical training program will identify and commit to:
- Average number of hours, for an estimated number of trainees, over 21 months
Sample Types of training that are typically fundable (not limited to):
- Can be delivered by any In-house staff person or by outside vendors approved by ETP
- Sample training topics are continuous improvement; lean techniques; quality implementations; Certifications such as ISO, AS9100, HAACP, OSHA 15 or 30; new product launches; new industries; new equipment training; software/computer upgrade training (upgraded CRM, ERP, manufacturing software & new servers, computers, printers, etc.)
Some of your Client Responsibilities
- Maintain a commitment to training employees
- Appoint a key in-house contact to work directly with our organization and ETP
- Provide Information about Company History, Current Operations, Goals, and Growth plans
- Provide Information on full-time employees, wages, and demographic info
- Utilize ETP Sign-in Sheets (known as Rosters), to document training-related activities
- ETP or State of CA may randomly choose your company for an audit. Maintain original ETP documents and employee payroll/wage information for 3 years after the expiration date of Client’s ETP Agreement
Summary of our Services
- Contractor refers to our organization, Client refers to you and your company and; ETP refers to Employment Training Panel Program.
Employment Training Panel Proposal Development:
- We work with you and ETP to develop and submit a proposal, from Registration through Agreement approval resulting in an approved funding contract for your company.
- If agreement is not approved by ETP, any deposit fees collected (phase 1) will be refunded.
- A representative of our organization will accompany client to ETP Panel meeting if necessary.
ETP Administration of funding (after your approved funding contract):
- We customize ETP templates for your use, educate you on use of templates and manage the administration of your funding from enrollment through invoicing of ETP (funding is sent directly to your company).
- Phase 1 : Assessment & Proposal Development (your ONLY out of pocket costs for our services)
- 10% of proposed ETP funding amount, payable in 2 installments
- 5% for Assessment when we begin, 5% for Proposal after ETP Panel approval
- Phase 1 fees will be refunded if ETP Panel doesn’t approve project (very unlikely)
- Phase 2: ETP Administration
- 13% of funds earned by ETP, payable to us AFTER you receive your funds from ETP
Who is Sallyanne Monti? (ETP Experience & History)
- Since 1996, facilitated over $15M in ETP Funding for over 700 California Companies
- Companies are across multiple industries, ranging in size from 3- 20,000+ worldwide employees.
- Close, long-term partnership with ETP Staff & Program
- Invited by ETP to participate in focus groups, public hearings and new ETP services & projects
- Piloted & developed one of the 1st Multiple Employer Contracts with ETP – now a core funding source
- Wall Street NYC Financial Background
- Committed to maintaining long-term value-added partnerships with clients
- We are an independent consulting firm assisting companies to pursue and manage an ETP funding contract
Sampling of Industries we’ve served:
- Aerospace & Biotech: High Tech Contract Manufacturers at varies levels of supply chain
- Benefit Administration: Insurance & Medical Benefit Firm
- Business Services: Premier office supply & equipment distributor
- Construction: Large building contractor for Disney, Public Facilities and Schools
- Engineering: Design and construction for municipal clients focusing on sustainability
- Food Manufacturers: major sugar manufacturer; major farms (produce & meat processing)
- Food Processing: Premier food distributor
- Film Distribution: premier distributor of DVD, Blu Ray and Digital Formats
- Health Care Services: in-home care for adults with physical and medical limitations
- Publishing: national/ international magazine publisher
- Specialty manufacturers: solar, semi-conductor, custom hats, custom print, injection molding, etc
- Travel : premier provider of luxury & adventure travel companies, travel guide publisher