Supporting and Troubleshooting Windows 10 10982C
Learn how to troubleshoot, and provide support for, Windows 10 desktops and devices in a Windows Server domain environment. Students will gain a specialist understanding of Windows 10 features and various troubleshooting techniques.
This course is also available in the On-Demand delivery format with digital Microsoft Official Courseware (dMOC).
What You'll Learn
- Implementing a troubleshooting methodology
- Troubleshooting startup issues
- Troubleshooting hardware and device drivers
- Troubleshooting remote computers
- Resolving issues with network connectivity
- Troubleshooting group policy
- Troubleshooting user settings
- Troubleshooting remote connectivity
- Troubleshooting resource access within a domain
- Configuring and troubleshooting work folders
- Troubleshooting applications
- Maintaining Windows 10
- Recovering data and operating systems
- 13 modules
- 35 hours of instruction
- 24 comprehensive labs
- Industry-expert instruction
- MOC On-Demand format available
- SATV Voucher eligible
Who should take this course?
Course 10982 is targeted at two specific audiences:
- Enterprise Desktop Support Technicians (EDSTs) working in medium-to-large enterprise organizations and providing support to Windows 10 devices within a Windows domain environment.
- IT professionals looking to complete the following exams:
- 70-697, Configuring Windows Devices
- 70-698, Installing and Configuring Windows 10