Learn how to:
- Transition sound traditional test practices into an Agile development environment
- Test just enough, just in time, in concert with Agile project rhythms
- Understand the key differences between traditional and Agile testing practices
- Adopt the unique culture and mindset on which Agile teams are built
- Learn about the different quadrants of Agile testing and how they are used
- Embrace the collaborative relationships that are unique to Agile developers and testers
- Apply Test-Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Test-Driven Development (ATDD), Behavior-Driven Development (BDD), Spec by Example and User Story testing
- Follow the Agile Testing Process
- Clarify the testing roles and responsibilities of all Agile team members
- Define Agile test strategies and plans, and deliver high quality software incrementally
- Build the environment and infrastructure that facilitates Agile testing
- Deal with the challenges of testing in distributed Agile teams
This course will demonstrate how an Agile testing approach enhances delivery speed and improves overall quality. Learning the goals of Agile will help you transition, implement and monitor testing in an Agile environment and integrate traditional testing skills and knowledge into Agile development teams.
Agile principles add value to your organization.
Building on traditional risk-based test practice we are now challenged by incremental delivery. To address but not inhibit Agility, we examine concepts like pair testing and strengthening relationships in a team setting to build a sense of common purpose. Working in parallel with developers eliminates hand-offs and late stage testing, and enables incremental confirmed component delivery. This program builds on what we know, and adapts to what we need … Agile delivery. Agile testing opens new areas of opportunity to build strength in product quality, process improvement and test confidence.
Learn to apply Agile testing practices across the entire release cycle.
When implementing changes in methods and approaches, we may slide back into old test habits, or leave methods behind rather than transition from them. We may throw everything away and do a wholesale replacement without appreciating what really needs to change. Most testing practices work, but only within appropriate development contexts. This program will contrast traditional against Agile testing, highlighting what changes we must make to apply the best testing principles in the new role that we will play. Agile testing is not a separate service, but an integrated part of the development team.
Acquire the practical skills and knowledge to successfully test in an Agile software project.
This 2-day course will introduce you to the Agile Testing Process, and explore Agile testing practices that you can immediately take from the classroom into the office with newfound confidence. We will discuss the roles, methods, tools and technologies that can be relied upon to deliver high-speed quality and optimum flexibility.
Become an ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Testing
The International Consortium for Agile has worked with experts around the world to develop an education roadmap of training and certification for all specialties involved in Agile development. This course has been approved and earns all students the ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Testing designation upon completion of the course.
Immediate Benefits of Participating in this Workshop
- Improve software quality delivered by your Agile development teams.
- Apply all four quadrants of software testing to ensure the effectiveness of both business facing and technology facing testing.
- “Build the product right” by applying techniques like Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- “Build the right product” by applying techniques like Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) and Spec by Example
- Accelerate defect detection and correction and lower integration costs thru continuous integration.
- Accelerate your projects with high-speed testing techniques.
- Capitalize on your investment in traditional testing methods by transitioning them to an Agile approach.
- Address product and technical risk using Risk-Based Testing to better focus time and resources.
- Maximize the efficiency of your test process without loss of certainty.
- Enhance the skills of your testers and development team to effectively conduct adequate testing.
- Learn from defects so you can optimize your Agile development process.
- Turbo charge your testing with automation and test support tools.
- Achieve higher product confidence by using Pair Testing.
- Optimize the performance of your Agile teams thru proper testing roles.
- Efficiently track and manage testing resources across the entire development team.
- Smooth team interactions with collaborative development practices and tools.
- Capitalize on your Agile teams’ User Stories as a basis for effective testing.
- Ensure that you develop effective regression test capabilities for the entire Agile team.
- Use the Agile incremental approach as a way to manage work delivery and facilitate product validation.
- Ensure testers’ efficiency with appropriate tools and environments.
- Make the best use of the shift in roles in the development-test-business owner community to achieve collaborative delivery of high-quality software.
- Adopt the requisite skill sets testers and the development team will need to become truly adaptable and agile.