Does your organization have a Project Management Office where Project Managers or Program Managers are asked to work with ScrumMasters? Does your organization require more than a ScrumMaster to handle the project management or governance of your Agile Teams? In this Agile Project Management training course you will learn advanced project management skills to help you, the servant leader of your Agile teams, enable your team(s) to deliver what your customers want faster and with better quality than ever before!
This is an advanced course for those who are already familiar with agile methodologies who wish to take their skills in Project Management for Agile Teams to the next level. This course meets the requirements for the ICP-APM designation (ICAgile Certified Professional in Agile Project Management).
Improve Your Professional Skills — A Key Ingredient to Agile Project Management Success
Today’s teams require vastly different leadership and management skills for Project Managers to truly achieve success. You may have to be a liaison with the PMO or the business — handling the governance of Agile projects or assisting Agile Development teams with these tasks. You can’t simply tell everyone what to do using a “command and control” style of project leadership. Instead, you need to be a strong coach, a change agent and a very effective communicator.
Project Management and Agile
Agile is no longer a grassroots movement to change software development. PMI® has embraced Agile Project Management, recognizing the significant positive impact it has had on delivering better results for customers. Likewise, Scrum practitioners worldwide are also recognizing the need for a Project Management skillset to support a Scrum Team(s) in their organization.
In this Agile Project Management Training Course, you will learn how to:
- Embrace a model of continuous planning over simply following a plan
- Transform your Agile Project Management style from “command and control” to “empower and inspire” with your team
- Create a cadence for the team and eliminate process distractions for a dramatic boost in efficiency
- Establish credible and achievable estimates using Agile project management estimating techniques
- Communicate more transparently and reduce interruptions and conflict within your team
- Rapidly build trust with your team members and customers through frequent and effective collaboration
Immediate Benefits of Participating in this Agile Project Management Training Course:
- Understand Agile Project Management principles and practices that will transform team performance and improve customer satisfaction
- Acquire valuable insights into how you can build trust and “empower and inspire” your Agile team
- Gain insight on how to establish transparency in communication inside the team as well as with customers
- Learn techniques to develop teams into high-performance Agile teams
- Gain powerful Agile Project Management skills using Agile estimating techniques that will allow you to derive estimates quickly and more accurately and aid you in iteration and release planning
- Combine the best methods from multiple Agile Project Management methods to apply to your Agile team
- Appreciate why knowing and collaborating with your customer will always produce better results
- Establish a plan for incorporating Agile Project Management practices into your specific work area
- Gain powerful insights, techniques and skills to successfully coach a new or existing Agile team
- Learn how to establish and communicate appropriate expectations for your Agile team, including roles, responsibilities and accountability
- Understand and practice a model of continuous planning and risk mitigation
- Gain an understanding of how trust is destroyed and the top three steps to rebuild trust in your Agile Development Team
- Convert prioritization of requirements from a point solution to a continuously evolving part of the Agile development process
- Learn how to address ambiguity and uncertainty in projects and leverage constraints
Why Agile and Agile Project Management?
The top four reasons teams are moving toward Agile and Agile Project Management:
- Master the ability to manage rapidly changing development priorities
- Increase the productivity of your development team
- Enhance the quality of your product
- Accelerate the deliver or time-to-market with your product
Join the thousands of teams that have realized these and many other benefits through adopting Agile and Agile Project Management methods.
This Agile Project Management Training course is a stimulating combination of class interaction, active learning exercises, case studies and group collaboration. Each activity is designed to allow you to learn through practice so you can readily apply what you have learned in your own workplace right away.
BONUS: All of the Agile Project Management practices in this course are documented and cross referenced as part of the course materials — allowing you to continue your study after the course!
Who Should Attend
This Agile Project Management training course is designed for anyone who is considering the use of an Agile methodology for software development, including:
- Project Managers
- IT Managers/Directors
- Software Engineers
- Software Architects
- Software Managers
- Testing Managers
- Team Leaders
- Product Owners/Product Management