New classes: Productivity
These 3 hour classes will help you make the most of the programs you use every day.
10 Best Features of Office 2013
Description: With each new version of Office, Microsoft adds more and more cool features that make working with your Office files, dare I say, fun! Whether you’re talking about tools that help you work more efficiently or help you to present data on screen more effectively, Office (2010/2013) has what you need! In this class, you’ll learn about some of the best new features in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint that has everyone in the Office community talking! And, to be honest, you’ll probably learn much more than just 10 features… but the title has a nice ring to it.
- New user interface options (File tab for Office 2010; File tab & Start Screen for Office 2013)
- New customizable Ribbons in all Office applications
- New to Excel
- Slicer Tool
- More conditional formatting
- Flash Fill (2013 only)
- Quick Analysis tools (2013 only)
- Recommended Charts and Tables (2013 only)
- New to Outlook
- Quick Steps
- Conversation View
- Conversation Clean Up tool
- Converting email to meetings
- Creating Calendar Groups
- New to Word
- Searching with the Navigation Pane
- Using the Citations and Bibliographies tool
- Inserting online video (Word 2013 only)
- Editing PDF files (Word 2013 only)
- New to PowerPoint
- Converting text to SmartArt
- Inserting online videos
- Using the Animation Painter
- Rehearsing a presentation in the Presenter View
Becoming a Master of Data Analysis with Microsoft Excel
Description: Microsoft Excel includes several tools that allow one to analyze large amounts of data… Master the use of these tools and you change the way you do business. Making sense of your data is essential to making key decisions for your organization. This course will teach you how to use some of the tools built into Excel that enable you to mine the answers hidden in your data records and unlock the analysis power of Excel.
- Converting lists of records into tables
- Sorting and filtering records
- Using Summary Based IFS functions
- Building and working with Pivot Tables
- Creating Pivot Charts
- Inserting Sparklines
- Applying Conditional Formatting
Making Outlook Work for YOU!
Description: Take charge of your mailbox and cut down on the amount to time you spend tediously organizing all of the email you are receiving on a daily basis. Learn how to process your email more efficiently by having Outlook do the work that you might normally do. In this class, you will learn how to review the rules of processing mail effectively, and learn about the tools built into Outlook that will help you automate the process!
- Using the 4-D model of processing email
- Creating a folder structure to store mail that works for you
- Overview of flagging and categorizing email
- Automatically organize incoming and outgoing mail by using Rules
- Automatically process mail using Quick Steps
- Inserting email text using Quick Parts
- Creating Search Folders to find what you need with a single click
- Using the Conversation Clean up and Ignore features
The Best of Office 365 & Working in the Cloud
Description: Office 365 is changing how businesses work with Office software. From using the new applications of Office 2013 to storing your data online in the cloud, with Office 365’s myriad solutions, there’s bound to be one just right for you and your organization. In this class, you’ll get a high level overview of what Office 365 is, the different solutions Microsoft provides, and how you may be able to deploy 365 at home or in the office.
- What is Office 365, and how does it differ from the Office applications I already know?
- Different Office 365 solutions and what they include
- Overview of Office 2013 and some of its new features
- Using Office 365 Web Apps
- Communicating with Outlook & Lync
- SharePoint & SkyDrive integration with Office 365
Get to Know the NEW Windows 8.1
Description: Microsoft has released the first major upgrade to Windows 8, calling it Windows 8.1. After receiving much user feedback since the release of Windows 8, (some good, some not so good) Microsoft has listened and incorporated that feedback by improving popular features, and by correcting those that fell into disapproval by users of Windows 8. This class explores the basics of using a device running Windows 8.1 and focuses on what’s new in Windows 8.1.
- Review of Windows 8.1 versus Windows RT
- Navigating a Windows 8.1 device
- New features to Windows 8.1
- Features that have been removed since Windows 8
- Windows 8.1 and SkyDrive
- Improvements in Internet Explorer 11
PowerPoint: Creating Effective Presentations Efficiently
Description: On the surface, Microsoft PowerPoint seems like one of the easiest programs to learn and use. But there is a fine line between building a great PowerPoint presentation and one that is downright cruel to make someone sit through. Then there’s the time it takes to create the presentation… Are you spending hours on fine tuning visual elements and animation when you could spend a fraction of the time? If only you knew the time saving techniques available to do just that. This course focuses on the common dos and don’ts that can make or break a good presentation, and shows you how to build a good presentation in half the time you may be spending now.
- Tips for building a great presentation
- Selecting and customizing Design Themes
- Mastering the use of Slide Masters
- The power of a picture
- The delicate art of Animation
- Embedding multimedia: music and video in a presentation
- Bringing it all together: presenting your slideshow